Our models are 2012 with the new changes and Subaru engines . We have noticed that certain times of year the grass will jamb in between the drum and engine bracket like in the picture below . Makes the machine hard to track straight and turn . Also a real pain to clean out .
In 2014 an upgrade bracket came out to help with this issue .
This is the new bracket..Base-engine (mach) 127-1535 part # 75 $ Canadian.
Some pretty minor changes . The new bracket needs stove bolts and you may want to get stainless . I used the regular ones with anti seize .
They should provide enough clearance to stop the grass from collecting .
Made a little engine hoist using tripods . I left the flex on the trailer so I could use the lift .
Worked pretty well and didn't need to disconnect wires . cables , coupler etc.
the clearance before changing it out .
Here it is after ...gain about 1/4" + - .In the front the rear wasn't really any issue . Doesn't seem like much but is the same clearance as the housing beside it that doesn't collect clippings .
Looking at the old bracket and see that it may be able to be modified to get the same result .
I'll put this one on the #2 mower and leave the third with the stock piece . Now I'll wait till the next time # 3 jambs with grass and see how the modified and upgrade ones made out .
Took the old stock plate and ground it down a bit .
Installed it on #2 mower a you can see a bigger space where the front mounts where close to the drum
like in this picture . Gained a good 1/4 " just like the upgrade
Custom bracket . see the space near center of pick
Anm improvement over this stock one . Now I'll have to wait till the grass clogs on # 3 mower to check and see how #1 upgrade and #2 custom brackets do.