Just an update on the rig I made for The Links at Brunello .
Actually it worked better than expected .Other than a few bends and some modification for improvements it held up all season . To day I'm bringing the dew drag in for more upgrades . After personally using it a few times some I noticed a few areas for improvement .
Looks pretty much like the day it was built .
By using the square stock and spacing it with bolts you can get enough flex to straighten it out . Worked really well .
The straight one had more of a bend than the one showed .
During the season some of the staff had a little problem pinning the arms after use . They were down low and a little cumbersome to use if your not mechanically inclined .
To solve this issue I'm welding in some angle uprights and using a rod for support at the top . The rod placement will be padded to ride against the tailgate . The old design had ears that pinched the arms in place but I found some damage to the dump bed . This way it can rock back and forth not harming anything .
Cut the lower sections not needed to replace with upright angle iron .
Reattaching the arms . Simple ... just a bolt .
I'm adding cross chains to front of bed to help with rocking when transporting .
Quick attach with clips on the box side .
Reattaching rope in the same fashion . Worked great with the end caps that deflected arms up without damaging turf .
Arm latch pins moved to this location . Makes it easier to attach standing up .
Just paint left and done .
Springs just around the course . Course is looking great .